The Buren Watch Company was created in 1898.
This followed the acquisition of Fritz Suter & Cie, at the Swiss town Büren an der Aare, by the London company of H. Williamson Ltd, producing pocket watches and table clocks of all types. Due to the existing rail link H. Williamson Ltd. invested and expanded further in Büren and developed the site into an international branch. From 1916 Henry Williamson used the signature Büren Watch Co.
H. Williamson Ltd. closed due to a stock market crash. However, a group of Swiss and an Englishman provided the capital necessary to be able to continue the watch production under Swiss management and with the new name Uhrenfabrik Buren AG.